Friday, February 4, 2011

Bedtime Routine


This post is going to be short, sweet, and to the point. It's just to share with the world about my interesting prayer with Norah (my niece) last night.

Her bedtime routine is really good and it makes her go to sleep with ease. We read 2 books, sing "I am a child of God" and "Families Can Be Together Forever", and then say a prayer. When she is sick we give her the medication and then start her bedtime routine.

Last night I needed to give her the medication, but I forgot about it until I had already done her bedtime routine. When I remembered and finally gave it to her, I tried laying her back down and she was fussy. I knew I would have to do the routine again. So we read the same 2 books, and sang the songs. I wasn't going to pray again because we had already prayed, but I knew I needed to because it was her routine.

Here's the interesting part...

In the prayer I was thanking Heavenly Father for everything and going through all of the family members, and I was wrapping up I was praying for Norah to sleep well. Well my exact wording was: "And please bless Norah that she may rest, and that she may rest in peace." HAHA!! As soon as I realized what I had just said my mind started going all over the place. I started to think about how do I reverse that. So I said, "and that she will wake up in the morning loving everyone like she always does."

I thought it was so funny! So I called my sister-in-law to tell her to make sure she was snoring as usual when she gets home. She woke up just fine this morning and ALIVE!! Haha!! It made me laugh and I hope it made whoever is reading this at least chuckle inside a little. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment