Monday, February 7, 2011

Paige Me I'm On Call

Everyone has a story behind their name. Some are named after a close family member. Some are named because their mother's were on morphine when they were being named. (Caleb was named this way haha.) And some were named simply because their parents liked the name. I have a very interesting story behind my name.

I was named after my dad's pager.


My dad has been a nurse for 20 years and he absolutely loves it. No, he is not a doctor. And yes, he wears a white dress and hat....okay I'm kidding on that one. But anyway! When my parents started having kids they discussed names and my mom came up with the idea of naming a girl Paige McCall because every time my dad would leave the house he would say, "Page me. I'm on call!" So I am Paige McCall Fielding, short for Page Me I'm On Call. Some people think I'm making this up. But it's absolutely true. Some people think it's horrible that my parents would ACTUALLY tell me this, but I love it! It's unique, just like me.

So I encourage you to find out why you were named what you are. You may not have a story like mine, but nonetheless, you have a story. You will be surprised at what you find out!

3 comments:

  1. Im named Kirsten, because my dad loves an opera singer named Kiri teaxlakjdfoweji, and my mom didn't think htat was real name, so they chose kirsten to shorten it to kiri, if i wanted. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is awesome. I totally believe your parents would do this to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, i totally remember you telling us this story in mrs simpkins 5th grade class! :)

    ReplyDelete